Experienced Estate & Trust Litigation Attorneys
Rodney J. Mason
- Probate Disputes
- Trust Disputes
- Will Contests
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Exploitation of Vulnerable Adults
- Disputed Business Succession and Inheritance Issues
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
Mr. Mason is a 1976 graduate of the University of Minnesota Law School. He is licensed to practice law in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Oregon and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U. S. Supreme Court. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Ramsey County Bar Association and the Wisconsin State Bar Association. Along with his law practice, Mr. Mason has been heavily involved in community affairs for many years. He has served as president or other officer of several non-profit corporations, which have provided housing for homeless men, women and children, housing and nursing home services for senior citizens, and mental health services to the community. He has served on blue ribbon task forces for the St. Paul School District, and has been a member of the Midway Chamber of Commerce for more than 20 years.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1976
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1967
- Honors: cum laude
- Minnesota, 1976
- Wisconsin, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- U.S. Tax Court, 1996
- Oregon, 2013
- Bredberg v. Long, 778 F.2d 1285, 27 Wage & Hour Cas. (BNA) 721, 1985, 8th Cir.(Minn.)
- Bredberg v. Long, 103 Lab.Cas. P 34,720, 1985, 8th Cir.(Minn.)
- Laska v. Laska, 255 Wis.2d 823, 646 N.W.2d 393, 2002 WI App 132, 2002, Wis.App.
- In re Estate of Feyen, 2005, Minn.App.
- In re Estate of Stewart, 2005, Minn.App.
- Hagen v. Burmeister & Associates, Inc., 633 N.W.2d 497, 2001, Minn.
- In re Thomas J. Mellgren Trust Agreement, 2001, Minn.App.
- Hagen v. American Agency, Inc., 617 N.W.2d 799, 16 IER Cases 1574, 2000, Minn.App.
- Hagen v. Burmeister & Associates, Inc., 1999, Minn.App.
- International Financial Services, Inc. v. Franz, 534 N.W.2d 261, 26 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 1137, 1995, Minn.
- International Financial Services, Inc. v. Franz, 515 N.W.2d 379, 23 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 1078, 1994, Minn.App.
- Harpster v. Hetherington, 512 N.W.2d 585, 1994, Minn.
- Harpster v. Hetherington, 1993, Minn.App.
- Tower Ins. Co. v. Good News Church, Inc., 1993, Minn.App.
- Finn v. National Camera Exchange, Inc., 1992, Minn.App.
- Patel v. Metropolitan Transit Com'n, 444 N.W.2d 584, 1989, Minn.App.
- Avery v. Solargizer Intern., Inc., 427 N.W.2d 675, 1988, Minn.App.
- Wills v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 364 N.W.2d 504, 1985, Minn.App.
- Pearson-Berke, Inc. v. McIntosh, 350 N.W.2d 378, 1984, Minn.
- AV Rating (Highest Possible) through Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review System
Classes & Seminars
- Business Law, Northwestern College, Bethel College
- Non-Profit Organizations: Housing, Mental Health, Homeless
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Ramsey County Bar Trusts & Estates Section, Co-Chair, 2011 to 2013
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member
- The German Commonwealth of International Lawyers and Notaries, Patent Agents, Tax Consultants, Certified Public Accountants, Member
Current Employment Position