Estate And Trust Litigation Lawyers
The St. Paul, Minnesota, law firm of Mason & Helmers focuses on estate and trust litigation and related matters.
Legal Practice Areas
- Probate disputes: These disputes involve will contests, questions of capacity and undue influence, and defense or removal of fiduciaries.
- Trust disputes: Trust disputes may be based on a trustee’s failure to invest prudently or to adhere to investment standards in the trust document. Trust matters frequently take issue with the accounting practices used to account for the trust’s funds; they may also arise from failure to file proper tax returns or disclosure statements.
- Will and trust contests: If there is a dispute among family members and heirs over a will or a trust, the firm’s attorneys can help resolve it.
- Fiduciary litigation: The firm represents fiduciaries, heirs and beneficiaries in matters involving breach of fiduciary duty allegations, including proceedings to remove a fiduciary.
- Financial exploitation of vulnerable adults: The firm represents people who believe that an elderly or disabled family member or friend is being financially exploited. Powers of attorney are frequently used as a tool to financially exploit vulnerable individuals.
- Business succession and inheritance issues: Dividing up a business after the death of a sole or partial owner in a family-owned or other closely held business can give rise to disputes that may require litigation to resolve.
- Guardianship and conservatorship disputes: The firm provides assistance with resolving disputes related to guardianships and conservatorships.
When clients come to the firm, our lawyers offer them as much information as possible so they can participate fully in their legal matters. They learn about matters such as:
- The probate process in Minnesota
- Ways to avoid probate litigation and estate disputes
- Emotional and psychological aspects of probate litigation
- How to handle creditor claims against an estate
- The responsibilities of a personal representative
Representing Clients from Other Law Firms
The attorneys at Mason & Helmers have always received numerous referrals from other lawyers and welcome clients referred by other lawyers. Referring lawyers can be confident that Mason & Helmers will provide effective representation to those being referred. We have chosen to focus our practice tightly rather than attempting to serve a broad spectrum of legal needs. Please visit our Information for Attorneys page for more information.
To learn more about the firm and its practice, contact Mason & Helmers. The firm’s lawyers serve clients in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and beyond in matters involving estate and trust litigation and more. Call 651-323-2548 or 877-389-5533 (toll free) to set up an appointment.