List Of Useful Books
1. Overcoming the Inheritance Taboo – How to Preserve Relationships and Transfer Possessions – Stephen J. Hendlin, Ph.D
2. Preparing Heirs – Five Steps to a Successful Transition of Family Wealth and Values – Roy Williams & Vic Preisser
3. Counseling Older Clients – Second Edition – Allison Barnes, A. Frank Johnson, Nathalie Martin
4. Families and Estates A Comparative Study – Edited by Rosalind F. Croucher
5. What Your Lawyer May Not Tell You About Your Family’s Will – A Guide to Preventing Common Pitfalls That Can Lead to Family Fights – Kaja Whitehouse
6. Family Wealth – Keeping It in the Family – How Family Members and Their Advisers Preserve Human, Intellectual and Financial Assets for Generations – James E. Hughes Jr.
7. Your Living Trust & Estate Plan – How to Maximize Your Family’s Assets and Protect Your Loved Ones – Harvey J. Platt, Attorney-at-Law
8. Creating the Good Will – The Most Comprehensive Guide to Both the Financial AND Emotional Sides of Passing on Your Legacy – Elizabeth Arnold
9. The Family Fight – Planning to Avoid It – Barry Fish & Les Kotzer
10. When Parents Die -A Guide for Adults – Edward Myers
11. Working with the Ones You Love – Strategies for a Successful Family Business – Dennis T. Jaffe, Ph.D.
12. Beating the Midas Curse – Perry L. Cochell – Rodney J. Zeeb with Robert A. Strommen
13. Family Systems and Inheritance Patterns – Judith N. Cates and Marvin B. Sussman
14. The Psychology of Conditional Giving – What’s the Motivation by Judy Barber, Probate & Property – November/December 2007
15. Caution: use power of attorney wisely – Dangers illustrated by Brooke Astor case by Correy E. Stephenson, Lawyers USA – Dec. 31, 2007
16. Guarding Life’s Dark Secrets – Legal and Social Controls Over Reputation, Propriety and Privacy – Lawrence M. Friedman
17. The Handbook of Family Dispute Resolution – Mediation Theory and Practice – Alison Taylor
18. Caring for an Aging Parent – Sheryl Garrett, CFP
19. A Guide for Adults – When Parents Die – Edward Myers
20. How to Say It to Seniors – Closing the Communication Gap with Our Elders – David Solie, M.S., P.A.
21. Planning an Estate – Sheryl Garrett, CFP
22. Doing the Right Thing – Taking Care of Your Elderly Parents Even If They Didn’t Take Care of You – Roberta Satow, Ph.D.
23. Lowering the Bar – Lawyer Jokes & Legal Culture – Marc Galanter
24. Estate and Trust Planning – Jeffrey N. Pennell and Alan Newman
25. Caring for Your Parents – The Complete AARP Guide – Hugh Delehanty & Elinor Ginzler
26. Organizing Your Estate – How to purge and direct property transfers to chosen family members by gift, bequest, or in trust while “thinkingly” alive – Holmes F. Crouch
27. Dead Hands – A Social History of Wills, Trusts and Inheritance Law – Lawrence M. Friedman
28. Grimms Grimmest – Illustrated by Tracy Arah Dockray
29. Mrs. Astor Regrets – The Hidden Betrayals of a Family Beyond Reproach – Meryl Gordon
30. Wealth in Families Second Addition – Charles W. Collier